Thursday, May 30, 2013

As I recall, while my family was laughing at my frustration with the phone service's attempt to voice-recognitionally discern my problem (yes, it was with my phone. All calls including the one for help were being obscured by a loud hum on the line.) they were also screaming PHONE PHONE PHONE.

When I borrowed my daughter's phone to try to get the situation fixed, the phone rep was helpful in that s/he scheduled a visit from a technician, eventually; however, in order to be able to schedule that visit, the script from which all customer service and tech support people everywhere work demanded that they call me at another number, my cell phone number. I explained that I don't have a cell phone.

The rep wanted to transfer me after we set up the service appointment to their wireless phone department.

I cannot understand why they think I would buy a cell phone from them when I'm unhappy with the sound quality  of my landline. This must be the result of giving personhood to corporations.  In the fantasy dream world inhabited by CEOs, the fact that I didn't immediately cancel my service means that I'm a happy customer and constitutes an open invitation to them to try to sell me stuff.

Dear Mrs./Mr./Dr./Reverend PhoneCompany and OtherCompanies:
          I don't want you to sell me stuff when the crap I'm already paying you for is not working properly.
                                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                 Me
 

No comments: